Hey Swifts, it’s Holly your Chair here to tell you it’s that time again for another Social Run! Thursday 12th August 2021 @ 7pm
WARMUPS START 7PM AT PAGODA (what3words location: with.shorts.limbs), BAG DROP AT FOX AVAILABLE EARLIER
IMPORTANT: please visit – https://groups.runtogether.co.uk/BirminghamSwiftsLGBT/Runs to book on to the run, or use the Run Together Runner app (available on itunes and google play).
PLUS: If you haven’t already completed the 2020/21 Swifts Membership form, you will also need to have done that here: https://forms.gle/EA9ChXNcnU7Vih9h6
Our Thursday runs are for those who can run for at least 5km (regardless of pace), if you can’t do that then please look out for our free Couch to 5k course, coming soon this year!
We will run in a larger group, with proper looping where the faster runners loop back to the slower runners! The run should last about 45 mins to 1 hr. Running etiquette is when reasonable and safe to do so stay left and overtake on the right.
The Fox is open for bag drop, if you choose to do this before the run The Fox/Club isn’t liable for items that are left.
Health and Swift Safety Notice:-
1. Do not attend if you’re not well
2. Gathering outside at Pagoda and on run, please maintain social distancing at all times, this includes any loop points (which will be minimised) and at any stops/road crossings etc
3. Follow respiratory etiquette – cover mouth if coughing/sneezing etc and use hand sanitiser
As always, you run at your own risk!
– If wearing headphones please make sure you can still hear the run leaders.
– don’t just follow another runner across a road as you might get run over! (sounds obvious but you’d be surprised what we see as run leaders lol)
– be polite around other road/pavement users, we all represent the Swifts when we’re out as a running group
Can’t wait to see lots of you out running with us this Thursday evening!
Holly, Swifts Chair