Our latest FREE Starting Out Session starts on Thursday 23 February 2023. Meet from 6:50pm for 7pm start at the Pagoda Island, bottom of Bath Row, Birmingham (what3words location: with.shorts.limbs)
- Designed for people who haven’t run before or are not regular runners.
- Location: Pagoda Island, City Centre, Birmingham. Bag drop and toilet available beforehand at The Fox pub, Lower Essex Street.
- 7pm at Pagoda start. Social afterwards with other Swifts Thursday night runners in The Fox, Lower Essex Street!
- E-mail info[@]birminghamswifts.co.uk (please remove the square brackets around the @, we need them on this page to stop spambots!) if you’d like to come along.
- Guidelines for new runners available to view here – please review before Starting Out!
- Please complete our “Swifts Free Members” form so we have your contact and emergency details. You can find that here: Membership Form
- Please check-in to each week’s Starting Out Session via our listing on England Athletic’s Run Together service so we know to expect you and can send any last minute notices to you.
We know that it can feel tough starting out on your running journey, especially if your fitness levels aren’t where you’d like them to be. That’s why, during the year, we hold our starter sessions: a weekly programme designed to get you from the couch to completing a 5km event.
The programme is designed to gradually increase the amount you run at a pace that’s comfortable for you, with periods of walking included, and is organised by England Athletics qualified Coaches and Run Leaders.
We host one session each Thursday evening in Birmingham City Centre, with you needing to complete two more runs during the week, with a rest day between each run. The course lasts approx. 10 weeks.
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll be able to continue your running journey with us on our other weekly runs and even be able to take part in races!
You can register interest in our next programme by emailing info[@]birminghamswifts.co.uk (please remove the square brackets around the @, we need them on this page to stop spambots!).
What3words location: with.shorts.limbs (central island of Pagoda Island on Holloway Circus at bottom of Bath Row, adjacent to the tall Raddison Hotel) :