Our latest Starting Out Session starts on Thursday 7 October 2021. Meet from 7pm for 7:15 start at the Pagoda Island, bottom of Bath Row, Birmingham (what3words location: with.shorts.limbs)
- Designed for people who haven’t run before or are not regular runners.
- Location: Pagoda Island, City Centre, Birmingham. Bag drop and toilet available beforehand at The Fox pub, Lower Essex Street.
- 7pm meet for 7:15pm start. Social afterwards with other Swifts Thursday night runners in The Fox, Lower Essex Street!
- E-mail info[@]birminghamswifts.co.uk (please remove the square brackets around the @, we need them on this page to stop spambots!) if you’d like to come along.
- Guidelines for new runners available to view here – please review before Starting Out!
We know that it can feel tough starting out on your running journey, especially if your fitness levels aren’t where you’d like them to be. That’s why, during the year, we hold our starter sessions: a weekly programme designed to get you from the couch to completing a 5km event.
The programme is designed to gradually increase the amount you run at a pace that’s comfortable for you, with periods of walking included, and is organised by an England Athletics qualified Coach and Run Leaders.
We host one session each Thursday evening in Birmingham City Centre, with you needing to complete two more runs during the week, with a rest day between each run.
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll be able to continue your running journey with us on our other weekly runs and even be able to take part in races!
You can register interest in our next programme by emailing info[@]birminghamswifts.co.uk (please remove the square brackets around the @, we need them on this page to stop spambots!).
What3words location: with.shorts.limbs (central island of Pagoda Island on Holloway Circus at bottom of Bath Row, adjacent to the tall Raddison Hotel) :