Summary: As per last week, please let a run leader or committee member know if you wish to run this Thursday. If you didn’t run last week please If you haven’t already completed the 2020 Swifts Membership form you will also need to have done that at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/V65V2NY
England Athletics have said unlimited numbers can now run together in a socially distanced way. We’re not quite comfortable with that yet but will be increasing group sizes this week from 6 to a maximum of 12 per run leader. We will also split the groups based on typical pace to give everyone a good run out (which can be hard with mixed small groups).
All groups will be starting and stopping in the city centre at The Fox. The Fox will be open for bag drop before your run. The groups will setoff at 7pm. When gathering inside/outside The Fox please maintain 2m distancing!
You can just turn up on the night but to give your Run Leaders an idea of numbers please comment on here if you are going to run, with your typical pace/time for running 5km at the moment. We will then allocate groups on the day.
In the Fox afterwards Andy will kindly be providing some refueling! However numbers are needed as there is an event happening so if you’re interested afterwards then please let Andy know. You attend at your own risk, it is not part of the Swifts run! However, to assist Andy in maintaining the rules we will ask you to keep with a group of runners at your designated table and not to mix between groups. Food will be provided so again please give an indication in the comments if you will be staying for The Fox after the run so we can let Andy know.
- Covid additional health & safety notes:
- If you have symptoms – do not run!
- If you are from a high risk group – do not run!
- Maintain 2m distance from others in the group at ALL times – including any loop points (which will be minimised) and at any stops/road crossings etc.
- Follow respiratory etiquette – cover mouth if coughing/sneezing etc and use hand sanitiser
As always, you run at your own risk! Plus:-
- If you are wearing headphones please make sure you can still hear the run leaders.
- don’t just follow another runner across a road as you might get run over! (sounds obvious but you’d be surprised what we see as run leaders lol)
- be polite around other road/pavement users, we all represent the Swifts when we’re out as a running group
See some of you Thursday night!