The ballot for the chance to represent the Birmingham Swifts at the Virgin Money London Marathon in 2020 is now open! The draw will take place at the Swiftmas party on Saturday 7th December and the lucky person will follow in the footsteps of yours truly to take on this mammoth challenge!
Reminder of the rules for the ballot:
• The ballot is open to affiliated members who entered the Virgin Money London Marathon ballot and have proof of rejection from the ballot.
• Non-affiliated members can affiliate to the club to be added to the ballot if they entered the Virgin Money London Marathon ballot and have proof of rejection from the ballot.
• The club place is non-transferable and those entering the ballot should be planning on running the race. If the winner is unable to take the club place, the ballot will be re-drawn.
• The winner is responsible for paying for their club entry and associated travel and accommodation costs arising.
• The winner will be supported by the club and may seek a coaching plan from our EA trained Coaches if they wish.
• The winner may run for charity but is encouraged to consider raising funds for the club.
• The winner must wear the club vest (which may be loaned from the club) while running the race.
To be in the ballot, please submit your name and proof of rejection from the London Marathon ballot to me at secretary @ birminghamswifts.co.uk before the Christmas party. You’ve got to be in it to win it so make sure you enter as soon as possible!