Our latest Starting Out Session starts on Saturday 19 October 2019. Meet from 10am for 10:15 start at the coffee shop inside the MAC in Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham.
- Designed for people who haven’t run before or are not regular runners.
- Location: Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham
- 10:00am meet for 10:15am start
- E-mail coaching[@]birminghamswifts.co.uk (please remove the square brackets around the @, we need them on this page to stop spambots!) if you’d like to come along.
- Guidelines for new runners available to view here – please review before Starting Out!
We know that it can feel tough starting out on your running journey, especially if your fitness levels aren’t where you’d like them to be. That’s why, during the year, we hold our starter sessions: a weekly programme designed to get you from the couch to completing a 5km event.
The programme is designed to gradually increase the amount you run at a pace that’s comfortable for you, with periods of walking included, and is organised by an England Athletics qualified leader.
We host one session each Saturday morning in Cannon Hill Park, with you needing to complete two more runs during the week, with a rest day between each run.
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll be able to continue your running journey with us on our other weekly runs and even be able to take part in races!
You can register interest in our next programme by emailing coaching[@]birminghamswifts.co.uk (please remove the square brackets around the @, we need them on this page to stop spambots!).